STereo fit on Mk3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STereo fit on Mk3

Anyone know how to get the centre dash bit out on a mk3 1997 Surf. I have carbon fibre trim so don't want to mess it up.

Any ideas?

dash removal

Try this link http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm

Comment

You dont need to remove the lower dashboard on the 3rd gen Surf , just two screws in the centre console/box and two either side of the gearshifter , and pull the console back about an inch , also the two screws under the heater panel .

Comment

thanks

Thanks for everyone who has replied. So after the screws have been removed - the centre dash just pops forward? Only reason I ask is I have a very nice Carbon Fibre centre dash and do not want to bust it

Comment

Sorry missed one small bit , you have to lift the trim round the shifter , and then they are both held in with spring clips .

Comment

Thanks

Can't tell you what a great forum this is - solved my '93 Hilux Surf power antenna/new stereo wiring problem right off the bat - without even having to ask the question! Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by commok
              Can't tell you what a great forum this is - solved my '93 Hilux Surf power antenna/new stereo wiring problem right off the bat - without even having to ask the question! Thanks guys!
              Welcome aboard our mad ship SURF Commok!!! I could be wrong - but I think you might just be the first member in Japan??
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X