Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Display

Hello,

Having just bought my 2.4L 1993 Surf, I would like to find a way to put something with an LCD display into the double height stereo area.

I have noticed that some of the Hilux's that I looked at when buying had a double height unit with some sort of large display. Is this some sort of optional toyota accessory and if so where could I get a second hand one?

The display should be able to take a yellow video connector (I think that it's S-video?). I am looking at using a laptop with Autoroute and a USB GPS unit to provide a route planning capability and also MP3 storage and play back.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon.

Originally posted by Jon S
    Hello,

Having just bought my 2.4L 1993 Surf, I would like to find a way to put something with an LCD display into the double height stereo area.

I have noticed that some of the Hilux's that I looked at when buying had a double height unit with some sort of large display. Is this some sort of optional toyota accessory and if so where could I get a second hand one?

The display should be able to take a yellow video connector (I think that it's S-video?). I am looking at using a laptop with Autoroute and a USB GPS unit to provide a route planning capability and also MP3 storage and play back.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon.

Surfs came with all sorts of Audio and Multimedia options. Drop a PM to Hormygollop, he sells this kind of stuff.

I have put an attchment on, I presume this is the kind of thing you are looking for - available on ebay for $169, 2 video inputs and NTSC/PAL switchable.

Cheers
    Jon.
    Attached Files

Comment

Lucky,

Thanks again for your help.

Not quite sure of what you're saying there. What's a PM, and a Hormygollop? is it a persons user name?

With respect to the smokey problem that we talked about earlier, I have it into the garage at the moment. It doesn't seem to be the head (negligable traces of exhaust in the coolant) but there is pressure that is venting through the oil dipstick, a gas. At the moment we are looking at possibly piston rings. Please tell me that these surfs are not usually this un-reliable!

Thanks,

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Jon S
        Lucky,

Thanks again for your help.

Not quite sure of what you're saying there. What's a PM, and a Hormygollop? is it a persons user name?

With respect to the smokey problem that we talked about earlier, I have it into the garage at the moment. It doesn't seem to be the head (negligable traces of exhaust in the coolant) but there is pressure that is venting through the oil dipstick, a gas. At the moment we are looking at possibly piston rings. Please tell me that these surfs are not usually this un-reliable!

Thanks,

Jon
        Sorry a PM is a private message. If you click on private messages at the top right of the screen then select new message from the links on the left.

Hormygollop is one of the members of the forum, that's his user name. An alternative way to PM him is to click on Memberlist on the top menu, click on H and Hormygollop (Keith) is on the second page. You will see an icon to PM him.

And no, Surf's aren't that unreliable.

Cheers
        Last edited by lucky; 20 August 2004, 16:17.

Comment

Ah, I see. Ok. Got to finish work soon but might do that next week.

Garage still doesn't know what the problem is with the car but can say fairly certainly that it's not a cracked head or head gasket.

I'll start a new thread on the technical forum and detail the symptons in the hope that some clever chap out there has seen the same things.

Thanks again,

Jon

Comment

Working...
          X