Fitting a UK style Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a UK style Radio

Hi, Hope I do this right... I have a Toyota Hilux Surf. Srs3 1997. I want to fit a UK style radio, Din1. That leaves me with a double din slot as the guy I purchased from just left a lagre gap. Does anyone know where I can purchase a double Din cubby to fit.
    Thanks
    Erik
    TIA

Originally posted by Smirnoff
    Hi, Hope I do this right... I have a Toyota Hilux Surf. Srs3 1997. I want to fit a UK style radio, Din1. That leaves me with a double din slot as the guy I purchased from just left a lagre gap. Does anyone know where I can purchase a double Din cubby to fit.
    Thanks
    Erik
    TIA

You will find the hole you have is double din size so when you fit a single din radio you will will need a single din pocket available from most car audio shops or halfrauds,
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by Jotto
      You will find the hole you have is double din size so when you fit a single din radio you will will need a single din pocket available from most car audio shops or halfrauds,
      On a 3rd Gen Surf (96-02) the radio slot is indeed a triple din size.

Erif
      I've not seen a double din cubby to fill the remaining gap, you'll probably need to use two singles. Toyota do both open cubby's and ones with a hinged down front face, you could use either or both of these.
      Last edited by Morr; 19 August 2004, 07:35.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        On a 3rd Gen Surf (96-02) the radio slot is indeed a triple din size.

Erik
        I've not seen a double din cubby to fill the remaining gap, you'll probably need to use two singles. Toyota do both open cubby's and ones with a hinged down front face, you could use either or both of these.
        Thanks for reply, do you mean I can pick these items up at a Toyota dealer here in UK? It seems from Pics I've seem mine is missing the hinge down unit.
        Any other supplier names would be handy.
        Thanks again
        Erik

Comment

autoleads do one without a door, it's not vehicle specific, just single din sized pocket... halfords stock it
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
          X