Powered Heater valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powered Heater valve

Hi I have a 3.0 l Gen 3 and the front heater has just started to play up. The fan works fine and the distribution is ok. What appears to be failing is the water valve. Only when I set the temp to 30 deg will the valve open, I assume is motorised. Is it powered via a reostat on the heater switch? If I spray it is it likely to clean it? There was no warning, one day it worked the next nothing.

Down to the left of the steering wheel is a little grille in the panel, the cabin temp sensor lives behind this.

Its usually this sensor thats duff and causes heater issues on 3rd Gens.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi, Finally got round to fixing this as of course its not cold in summer, is it? Anyway it was the thermister in the sensor as suggested. The part actually varied with temperature but as I did not know what the reading should be there was no way to prove it. I fitted a replacement, I obtained it from Maplin, it had the highest wattage value. I replaced the item and it works fine, can't say the temp is exactly correct but its adjustable and I can get a variation. Cost 99p, plus fitting, takes 30 mins I took the screwa and bolt out and dropped the dash.
      No real problems, just remember the plastic is old so careful when bending and the soldering iron will melt it, I did. Also the solder in the car probably contains lead and most of the stuff you get now doen't so soldering may be a little difficult.
      CR05F page 811 in the cataloge.

Comment

Working...
      X