rev counter reading 3000 revs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rev counter reading 3000 revs

hi guys, bought a surf recently and the rev counter needle was below the pin. i took it all apart and put it above the pin but as soon as you turn the ignition on it shoots up to 3000 revs but does go up as you drive it just goes down to 3000 never below. every other car or van ive had usually starts at about 1500 so any ideas ? cheers

You have to fit the rev counter needle with the engine running

Comment

oh i see lol, wat shall i set it at then for a 3l 2nd gen, 1500 ? thanks

Comment

Sorry I meant you need the ignition on !! Silly me. Turn on ignition and put the needle on zero then when you start engine it will show correct revs... and when idling i think approx 750 rpm is ok, mines a little high at 950

Comment

I done as u said, put it all back together but the needle just stays on zero now lol and I've tried tapping it.

Comment

When the ignition is on before starting the engine the needle should be above the pin on zero, if it worked before but gave the wrong reading there's no reason why it shouldn't work now, unless its not properly on the spindle ?

Comment

The question that needs to be resolved is why it was below the pin in the 1st place

Comment

Maybe some gorrilla put it back wrong as on gen 2 i bought tried it out rev counter working but not some of warning lights,they were going to fix those and give it a service. On collection rev counter not working,needle below stop and dash rattling,on closer inspection dash was found to be held in with 3 screws and most of plastic buttons missing,door card kept falling off no screws in armrest that also was ok on road test.Looked at oil,black,filter been there since noah fitted it.air filter ok but not new neither was fuel filter.
                This vehicle came with 3 months warranty but did not want said gorrilla working on it again so did work myself for peace of mind.
                Sorry for highjack of thread but i got carried away.

{IF IT AINT BROKE MODIFY IT}

Comment

Will have to take it apart again Friday I need to fit some new speakers any way so hopefully can resolve this.

Comment

fixed

Comment

Originally posted by shawry87 View Post
                      fixed
                      What was the problem with it?
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted... what was the problem ?

Comment

Working...
                        X