aerial not working with new stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aerial not working with new stereo

hi guys, my aerial went up and down fine intill i changed the stereo the other day. I purchased a 4runner fascia kit from ebay which came with the leads, but now the aerial does not operate, you cant hear the motor trying or anything so must be electrical. any ideas ? thanks.

What make stereo ? I had similiar issue when I installed a sony unit. Turned out to be setting on the radio unit itself

Comment

Sometimes, if a loom adapter is used, both blue wires (on the truck side, one for the aerial and one for the rear amps) need to be joined (to the single outlet on the head unit). Do the rear speakers work?
      Last edited by Albannach; 1 April 2012, 23:09.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

no they dont mate

Comment

It's a jvc, about 3 years old. So the 2 blue from the surf go ? Cheers

Comment

Mine is slaved off the "Amp ON" out.

If that helps.
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by shawry87 View Post
              no they dont mate
              Have you used an adapter or wired it yourself?

Comment

There are two wires on the wireless loom for the surf which do strange things.

These make the aerial go up and the rear speakers work but it's not as simple as one does the aerial and the other does the speakers.

I think one powers the rear speaker amp and, possibly, provides power to the aerial motor but the other wire switches the aerial motor via a relay. (does that make sense?)

In short, I tried to switch both of mine from the aerial output of my wireless and I only got rear speakers when the radio was selected and the aerial extended.

Connecting one wire in the truck to the aerial output and the other to the switched live (ignition on) did the trick but I think I had to experiment and try both wires either way round before I got it right.

Comment

I got the speakers going and they sound pretty good to, there was a wire cut from my stereo blue an white so put it back together. No airiel still tho. I have an adaptor.

Comment

Originally posted by shawry87 View Post
                    I got the speakers going and they sound pretty good to, there was a wire cut from my stereo blue an white so put it back together. No airiel still tho. I have an adaptor.
                    Splice the blue aerial wire (on the truck side) to the one you just re-connected.

Comment

ok will try it this friday and let you no how it goes, cheers.

Comment

Interested to know what happened with this.

Am trying to fix mine. Nothing at all from the motor, but it's an aftermarket head (Pioneer). I have stripped out the knackered nylon aerial extender now, but am unsure if I need just a new mast or a whole unit.

For now, if I can't sort it simply, it's a stub aerial I think.

Comment

Mine still doesn't work mate so no help to u im afraid, tried all sorts with the wires.

Comment

Working...
                          X