Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ariel opens automatically when ignition on

Hi,

My Gen 3 ariel operates when ignition is switched on and radio is off. When putting Surf in garage the ariel snags on the garage door. I suspect there is a wiring issue with the JVC radio as I would have thought the ariel should retract when the radio is switched off but the ignition remains on. Can anyone help?

Mine does the same thing but I have a kenwood , I shortened the plastic inside the ariel so the ariel only goes up about 3/4 of the way up

Or you could drive up at the correct speed so that you can kill the engine and roll on in there with it down lol
    Everywhere I go .... Im there

Comment

Originally posted by MIleshighhopes View Post
      Mine does the same thing but I have a kenwood , I shortened the plastic inside the ariel so the ariel only goes up about 3/4 of the way up

Or you could drive up at the correct speed so that you can kill the engine and roll on in there with it down lol
      Thanks. May try shortening the plastic if there are no other suggestions coming forward. Would try engine cut off thing but garage is at the top of a sloping drive so would have to attack at speed. Not much room to spare at each side so maybe best not to attempt lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HKP View Post
        Thanks. May try shortening the plastic if there are no other suggestions coming forward. Would try engine cut off thing but garage is at the top of a sloping drive so would have to attack at speed. Not much room to spare at each side so maybe best not to attempt lol.

Ha ha .... Please just try it , get someone to video it .....

Comment

You have the permanent live and accessory live round the wrong way.

This should help
          http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post

This should help
            great, thanks. Will give this a go tomorrow. That's a lot of bits to take off to get the radio out though.

Comment

Yep I have mounted my radio in a slide out chassis,so the radio holder sits slightly proud of the surround ,bit of trimming of the panel and no more dash stripping to do anything with the radio.
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Yep I have mounted my radio in a slide out chassis,so the radio holder sits slightly proud of the surround ,bit of trimming of the panel and no more dash stripping to do anything with the radio.
                good idea. Will explore a similar solution when I do the work.

Comment

This should help

AH Ha .... I should have asked sooner .....
                  Before chopping the guts out of it lol

Comment

Working...
                  X