yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear washer, rear wiper, rear window!!! Aaaah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear washer, rear wiper, rear window!!! Aaaah!

So I picked up my Surf (3.0TD 1994) a couple of weeks ago and on the drive back noticed that the rear wiper and washer were not working.

The rear wiper was not seated properly and slightly hanging down but the rear window was working albeit a little slowly but only from the console.

Today I have removed the roof rack that came from the van and the fittings required the rear wiper to be removed.

I put the wiper back and now the rear window does not work and is stuck down!? There is no sound from the rear window motor and no clicking from the relays. The rear wiper is seated properly and the window lock button is not activated. Have tried putting the wiper in various positions but again no joy!!

I have read numerous threads to try and fix this but to no avail. Have tried disconnecting power from the rear wiper but that did nothing. Have taken cover off the rear tailgate and all seems ok. Have pushed the rear catches in to make it think it's closed but again nothing and now i can't release the catches and properly close the tailgate!!

How does the vehicle know the rear wiper is seated properly as with the wiper not seated properly the rear window was working?

Am not sure if this is all one problem or several!? Is it a coincidence that it has happened after fiddling with the rear wiper?

Any further suggestions or help or is time to start the bug hunt and look at the relays and for cracked wires?

OK - so after writing the last post I went back to the truck and the rear window worked and then didn't and then did!?!

Am guessing cracked wires to tailgate and the rear wash wipe is a separate issue?

Comment

After most of a can of WD40 I think I've sorted it as I noticed there 'back door' light was on and off as well. So sprayed the catches and all the mechanisms in the tailgate and all seems to be well!! For now.

Comment

I am now left wondering if I should indeed get involved, replacing the 'Missing' rear wiper off mine, or not.
        Probably the same for you, as mine was/is for me, after several previous owners have added, removed and completely ruined nearly all the wiring I have seen on the poor truck. Not to mention the mess it was under the bonnet!

Sorry I have no real input for you, but I hope you get it all sorted
        Everything happens for a reason, and only one way....
        The way it does!

Comment

Working...
        X