Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot weather window disaster!

Hi everyone
    This is my first post, even though I have owned and loved my surf for over a year!!
    Was wondering if any of you well informed people could help?
    I have a lovely 2.4 gen2 and it runs perfectly! But a few days ago all the windows stopped working, except for the sunroof and rear!
    And as I am a complete moron when it comes to electrics was hoping someone could recommend a decent car electrician near Bracknell Berkshire.
    If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful, as I am roasting alive with the windows shut in this weather!!!
    Many thanks. Dean

I trust you have checked the little button on the drivers door that locks out the electric windows ?

Comment

LOL
      I know i said im a moron but im not that bad!!
      There is some kind of relay rolling around inside the drivers door, with holes for wires, but cant find any loose wires to shove in it

Comment

Fuse?
        Switch doesn't switch of drivers window.

No relay in drivers door .. normally

Comment

Yep checked the fuses, all ok. No power to all windows except rear offside, doesn't open but clicks as if it's trying to but it always was like that!

Comment

Switch ignition on, hold down one of the non working window switches and open or close the driver's door slowly. If the window suddenly works then there's a break in the wire/s where they go from door to frame.

p.s. Hello by the way, welcome on board.

Comment

Working...
            X