cd changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd changer

Need a cd changer. Can I get an original or can any of you clever buggers suggest a cheap alternative?. A wiring diagram would be nice!

Tich

Originally posted by tich
    Need a cd changer. Can I get an original or can any of you clever buggers suggest a cheap alternative?. A wiring diagram would be nice!

Tich
    Tich.

Cheapest by far is to go along to Halfords and buy one of the JVC units they are selling for £179 (Radio Cassette Head unit + 12 CD changer). Thats what I did before I got my double DIN Sony CD/Tape/Radio from eBay).

Alternatively search on eBay for one of the ones that are universal (use a transmitter to put it through an unused radio channel).

Really depends what you got - is it a Jap unit with a band expander or a UK unit. If it's a UK unit you may be able to search on the web for whether it is compatible with a CD changer and then go and search on eBay for one.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Andy!
      The unit in the dash is the original Jap unit, radio and cassette on top with cd controls underneath.

Tich

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        Tich.

Cheapest by far is to go along to Halfords and buy one of the JVC units they are selling for £179 (Radio Cassette Head unit + 12 CD changer). Thats what I did before I got my double DIN Sony CD/Tape/Radio from eBay).

Alternatively search on eBay for one of the ones that are universal (use a transmitter to put it through an unused radio channel).

Really depends what you got - is it a Jap unit with a band expander or a UK unit. If it's a UK unit you may be able to search on the web for whether it is compatible with a CD changer and then go and search on eBay for one.

Cheers
        Ah yes but I sell that same JVC unit and changer at £159
        Keith
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Ever fancied an MP3 player?
          I have a Sony unit. They sound great... 10 albums on one disc.
          I can't listen to tapes any more... they sound naff.

Aiwa CDCR30MP £126.98
          Pioneer DEHP3500MP £136.99
          Kenwood KDCM4524 £145.40
          Sony CDXMP40 £146.48

The list goes on and the prices go up...
          Ian
          One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Yeah, I got a Kenwood CD/MP3 single CD/Radio head unit... well pleased with it! As you say, 10 albums on one CD or make your own Mega-compilation album...I've had just one CD in for the last 4 months on random... marvellous!!

Totally blown my front speakers mind you! Speaking of which, what size would one need to replace the front speakers and what're good ones to go for without spending a fortune?!

Rob
            Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            "You Sir are drunk!"
            "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X