Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Drain

Hey people

My Surf has a drain on one of the batteries, has anyone experienced this with theres that they may be able to point me in the direction of as we have no clue at the mo with it lol

If there is a drain on one battery, then there is a drain on both. That's how they are wired, unless yours is different.
    More than likely a duff battery, get a tyre place to do a drop charge test on them.
    Or pull the earth and put a meter between the earth strap and the -minus side of the battery and see if it is using power. (with everything off)

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by sy281184 View Post
      Hey people

My Surf has a drain on one of the batteries, has anyone experienced this with theres that they may be able to point me in the direction of as we have no clue at the mo with it lol
      I've got that problem at the moment. Is yours the passenger side one? Mine's only 4months old. Works fine if I've been on a long run but if I only do short journies for a while it just decides to not be a battery any more then I need to flag down some randomer and ask for a jump start
      Still Can't believe I own a Hilux

Comment

Originally posted by Eddleston View Post
        I've got that problem at the moment. Is yours the passenger side one? Mine's only 4months old. Works fine if I've been on a long run but if I only do short journies for a while it just decides to not be a battery any more then I need to flag down some randomer and ask for a jump start
        i havent used her yet she parked up no tax mot etc i just been told there is a drain by the current owner
        i will see if any of this helps her though

Comment

I thought I had a drain on mine, so I went to manbat and got them to test them, both knackered, so new pair and starts great every time again.

Deffinately get them checked out

peace
          cal
          Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Well mine has exactly the same problem, however, it only ever had a single battery.

The solution I adopted, was to wire in another battery, (only one I got's huge, so it's in the boot!) and then hooked them both up to an isolator in the cab.

Problem solved

But there are a load more issues with the rest of the loom, which has been hacked up over the course of it's life. But it starts now.

Hope that helps someone (perhaps).
            Everything happens for a reason, and only one way....
            The way it does!

Comment

Originally posted by sy281184 View Post
              Hey people

Originally posted by Eddleston View Post
              As said above by slobodan, the batteries on surfs are not isolated so you cannot have a drain on one battery, get them both tested as if you have one bad battery it will damage the good one, it`s not unheard of for a new battery to be duff either, I managed to score for 2 which I guess both came out the same bad batch which failed after 6 months, got them both replaced under warranty, happy days

Comment

What Slobodan says....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

battery drain

hello mine had battery drain i found it to be a combination of an permanent live radio and a dirty spare wheel holder micro switch putting the interior light on all night so a bit of wd40 and some terminal block and problem solved
                  hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                  X