Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Dry

Hi

When I use the Air Con then switch it off the air becomes very dry and dusty leading to a sore throat almost every time.

Any ideas why this would be ?

Cheers

i dont know why it would become dry when the air con is switched off - when the air con is on it will always dehumidify the air because the air is passing over a cold fin. One way to minimise this is to always make sure that your air con is set to outside air and not re-circulate.

Any help??

Regards,

alex

Comment

[QUOTE=_cj_]i dont know why it would become dry when the air con is switched off - when the air con is on it will always dehumidify the air because the air is passing over a cold fin. One way to minimise this is to always make sure that your air con is set to outside air and not re-circulate.

Any help??

Regards,

alex[/QUOTE

You should have the setting on re-circulate when using the aircon.
      Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
        Originally posted by _cj_
        i dont know why it would become dry when the air con is switched off - when the air con is on it will always dehumidify the air because the air is passing over a cold fin. One way to minimise this is to always make sure that your air con is set to outside air and not re-circulate.

Any help??

Regards,

alex
        You should have the setting on re-circulate when using the aircon.
        Pete
        I wouldn't. Not for long periods of time anyway. The air gets too dry and you end up getting no fresh air. Not nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          I wouldn't. Not for long periods of time anyway. The air gets too dry and you end up getting no fresh air. Not nice.
          i keep it on recirculate on motorways and especially in the Rotherhithe Tunnel. Even a Marlboro smoker can't live with that kind of pollution!!!!!!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

With Aircon on some cars you have AC Max and AC. The difference is that AC Max is the AC on and the airflow set to recirculate. Normal AC uses air from outside.

I would only use AC on recirculation to initially cool down a hot car. After that switch it to fresh air.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X