Passenger window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger window

Went down, won't go back up. Clicking noise from the door. Stripped it down, removed the mechanism ready for a strip and relube.

Solidified greasein the motor or summat else?

OK, here is where i`m at with it.

Mechanism out and cleaned with fresh lube on it. Motor stripped, cleaned and fresh lube.

Bench test the motor, works. Reverse polarity,works other way.

Connect the motor to the car, works going down, but not going up.

There endeth my electrical skills.

Questions.:

1.Is it the switch?
    2.Fault in the loom?
    3.How can I find out?

Thanks.

Edit......On reading another thread, which colour is the window up wire going through the door?
    Last edited by Fricfrac; 22 January 2012, 14:29.

Comment

Got the same prob.....be good if there is an answer.
      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
        Got the same prob.....be good if there is an answer.
        Got another switch on order, though I believe I may have a problem with broken wires in the loom that passes from the inner wing to the door, let you know if and when I find the fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Fricfrac View Post
          Got another switch on order, though I believe I may have a problem with broken wires in the loom that passes from the inner wing to the door, let you know if and when I find the fault.
          Jeez...I replaced my loom (or rather Tony and I did) because the drivers window was playing up and had a broken wire...a couple of weeks later my rear had the same problem as yours....never thought to check the loom again....
          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Tried different switches now, at a dead end, it`s gonna have to go too a man who can. I`m crap at auto electrics.

Motor goes down, won`t wind up. Live at the switch ok,so I guess a problem elsewhere.

Comment

Did you check the wiring in the loom?
              Try operating the switch and open and closing the door at the same time,or roll the rubber boot around,to see if the window starts to go up.
              To check the wires between the door and body frame is easy,just ease the rubber out from either side and roll it back,any breaks will be obvious!!

Regards

Mark

Comment

Done that, narrowed it down ( I hope )to the drivers side switch set. Stripped the dash, unplugged,cleaned and checked all the connectors.No wires are chafed on either door. When trying the rear n/s window from the driver unit, the switch hisses and smells.Rear window works fine on its own switch.

Hopefully, a different switch will sort it......if not, then back to square one.

Comment

Thanks for the update...still got to sort mine.
                  .... Which was nice.

Comment

Ended up getting a universal switch and completely re-wiring the lot.Works fine now...........

Comment

Originally posted by Fricfrac View Post
                      Ended up getting a universal switch and completely re-wiring the lot.Works fine now...........
                      what was the universal switch off did it fit into the same plastic moulding ?

Comment

Originally posted by carlpppumps View Post
                        what was the universal switch off did it fit into the same plastic moulding ?
                        Universal one off ebay, it sat slightly proud, but it never bothered me.

Comment

Working...
                        X