its driving me mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its driving me mad

Evening all my truck has developed an intermittent electrical fault .while driving down the road I can hear what sounds like a relay clicking intermittantly in the drivers foot well area. The problem is I can't work out what is setting it off and I cant make it play up while the truck is stationary so I'm having trouble diagnosing it. Has anybody had a problem like this before ? I HATE electronics
    Always up to my neck in it

Just a thought but while your driving & its making the noise try turning thing on like wipers, lights heaters & so on to see if it stops.

Tell me to shut up if im talking shite.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thanks for the input but I have tried doing all of that and nothing seems to make it stop . It just carrys on randomly clicking .when you go Realy slow It dosnt seem too happen it is most noticeable when you doing 40mph or more I'm starting to think it might be speed related but haven't got a clue how

Comment

My electric arial relay was doing this due to a loose wire on radio. The relay is clipped to the steering column.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Do you have a rear mounted spare wheel?

Comment

Thanks for the idea tony ,and Dave yes I do have a rear mounted spare ?

Comment

My Surf had a chirping relay in the driver footwell area that was driving me nuts. Only did it at speed or when going over bumps and jolts. It gradually got worse and worse. Eventually the rear wheel "carrier in-locked" light on the dash started flickering when the relay chirped. I lubricated and slightly adjusted the lock micro-switch - the chirping (and flickering) stopped. Maybe worth a look?

Comment

Aftermarket alarm?
                My old car had one that was partially disconnected, but occasionally you would hear a relay clicking on and off (akin to the hazards flashing) probably not this, but worth throwing it in to the pot, just in case.
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                X