Re: heater control lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: heater control lights

Hi does anyone know why the heater control backlight switches are so dim?
    Is it me or is this a common issue?
    I haven't had my surf long it's a 2.4td ssrx
    Is it easy to change them for something brighter? Or know how to change them
    Also can the dash lights be changed aswell
    Thanks in advance

Do a search for POPEYE on here.

He carried out a mod on several control units for various members on here. Not sure if he is still doing them but you can always ask him.

Small video showing the improvement Here
    Last edited by Growler; 2 January 2012, 23:19.

Comment

If Popeye is reading, I am also interested in the upgrade for the heater controls. Is it worth doing a new list if you are still doing the upgrades?

I am also interested in improving the dash (dial) lights. Is that just a bulb upgrade?

cheers

Comment

re heater control lights

Thanks for the help
        If Popeye is reading this could he contact me on here txt to leyt me know if he can do the conversion or if anyone else can help with it
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dobbie04 View Post
          Thanks for the help
          If Popeye is reading this could he contact me on here txt to leyt me know if he can do the conversion or if anyone else can help with it
          thanks
          Hi! yes still able to do em, just seen this, Cheer's Growler
          anyone still wanting this done and can either send me a spare unit or their original you can email me at ian.price90@ntlworld.com
          ithankyou
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Re:heater control lights

Thanks for the details I'll email you with my details
            Great help

Comment

A big thank you to Ian for the mods to the heater controls. It outshines the rest of my lighting in the truck now so upgrades on all the other bits will be next!

One small note for anyone dismantling the controls (at least for the 3rd gen, not sure about the 2nd gen), the sliders have an inner arm that goes inside the part that you control from the outside. The heater one had not been lined up quite right on reassembly so moving the slider didn't actually move the controls inside the unit. That's why I had constant cold air, irrespective of the heat setting.

Thanks again Ian and I recommend the mod if anyone hasn't had it done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfboy View Post
                A big thank you to Ian for the mods to the heater controls. It outshines the rest of my lighting in the truck now so upgrades on all the other bits will be next!

One small note for anyone dismantling the controls (at least for the 3rd gen, not sure about the 2nd gen), the sliders have an inner arm that goes inside the part that you control from the outside. The heater one had not been lined up quite right on reassembly so moving the slider didn't actually move the controls inside the unit. That's why I had constant cold air, irrespective of the heat setting.

Thanks again Ian and I recommend the mod if anyone hasn't had it done yet!

Your welcome Lyndon and really sorry for my mistake with the slider, i was sure i had em both lined up ok, anyway at least it was a simple thing if not a bit flustrating at the time, all the best, ian
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                X