Newbee with alternator problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbee with alternator problems

Hi all im new here and could really do with a little help please. I recently bought a 1989 2.4 hilux surf which has the battery charge light the t belt light what looks like the warning light for water in the diesel and both the green turbo light and the engine management lights are on the alternator doesn't seem to charge the battery either could all the problems be caused by a dodgy alternator. or could it be a bad earth conection or a blown fuse. somewhere
    Any advice would be great
    Thanks Tom

Hi all managed to get the alternator tested at a garage and they said it not charging. I've been looking on the internet for a replacement but cant seem to find any which have the fan blade bit at the front and the pump bits at the rear. Would an alternator with the pump on the side fit or does it have to have it back.
    Thanks Tom

Comment

The later type alternator won't fit.
      Is yours the same as the Hilux pick-up?
      http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=601&vid=960

Maybe call Roughtrax and confirm?

Comment

thanks for reply. i've managed to get hold of a second hand one but the pump looks slightly different on the rear. Are the pumps /pipes interchangeable.
        Thanks Tom

Comment

T belt lights up every 100 000km, reset with a pocky thing through the instruments window. After you've checked it's new of course.
          Last edited by Ploddit; 5 November 2011, 23:11.

Comment

All the lights which are on should go out when the alternator is replaced . Surfs tend to put those lights on when alternator goes faulty.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks for all the repies finally got the alternator sorted and all the lights have gone out that were on.

Comment

Working...
              X