Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Dash Lights or Headlight Buzzer

Hi,

I’m relatively new to forums so apologies for any errors / bad etiquette. I also understand it can be annoying of people create new threads for questions that have already been answered but I have done numerous searches, tried posted solutions to similar problems but none have worked.

The situation is that I recently had a fan belt snap which resulted in the batteries losing enough charge that the Hilux wouldn’t start. As a result, I had the belts replaced (could have given it a go myself I think but had no time or facilities) and whilst it was in, they decided to replace some of the battery terminals too. After I got the vehicle back, everything is working fine apart from the dash lights. Indicator signals / seat belt warning / OD / Parking Brake / 4WD lights all work fine but none of the dials / gauges light up when the headlights are on. The confusing thing is that when I lock / unlock the vehicle with the central locking, the dash lights do flash along with the front side / rear lights. I also have no buzzer alerting me that my headlights are on but because I haven't owned the vehicle for very long, I don't know if this problem existed before the fan belt / battery terminal change out.

I believe I’ve checked the correct fuse (No. 5, 10A middle of block of 9 designated gauges in Junction Block No. 1 - http://personal.utulsa.edu/~nathan-buchanan/93fsm/bodyelectrical/2powersou.pdf) but don’t think it can be this if they are working with the central locking), have checked that the rear lights are both working (as this seems to be a commonly linked fault and have also replaced a blown front side light bulb) and have checked the only body earth connection I could find (located adjacent to the battery on the driver’s side of the vehicle).

Apart from that, I’m a bit stumped. I’m handy with a set of spanners and logical fault finding but by no means a mechanic and know very little about electrics. Although ‘flying stealth’ doesn’t really affect the drive ability of the vehicle, I would like to get it sorted before its next MOT and I’m sure the 5-0 will have something to say should I get pulled over.

With some of the genius answers I’ve seen on this site, I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction. Any advice and help would be much appreciated.

Mark
Working...
X