No hot air in front but ok in back??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
    No need to remove anything. Just stand on your head and look under the housing for a white plastic lever attached to the end or the shaft for the main vent. The housing has a slot for the cable and a clip to retain it. The cable just slips over the plastic stud on the lever. Other end of lever should have a return spring attached to it and housing.

Have a look at the pics here.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...=serated+shaft

Look closely and you will see this shaft in some of them at centre bottom of housing. Housing shows views from passenger side so look at other side.

Nev
    Sweet, thank you - shame I pulled the glove box out before looking on here again though, LOL. Was just about to post to say I couldn't find it and saw the pic link which explained all.

So the good news is I've re-attached it, bad news is the bracket which holds the cable in place is broken, I'll be blaming the wife for kicking it!

Cable is attached for now though and I'll fix the bracket at the weekend but at least I'll be able to de-freeze myself if we get the frost forcast later this week!

Thanks again to everyone for your help, I know why this is the first I come when I have problem with my surf - apologies for not being a more regular contributor but I run my own RC car forum and admining that kind of takes the fun out of forum chat for, great resource though

Comment

Is it free to join and get free information on your R/C site too?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Is it free to join and get free information on your R/C site too?

Of course, surely that's what forums are all about.

I haven't actually used an RC car for the last 2 years but wouldn't dare take the forum down as there's such a community on there, I'm even upgrading the forum software - If this site ever gets upgrade to VB 4.x and you need some help, drop me a line, it's the process I'm going through at the moment with maxbashing.com although I'm no expert but I've certainly learnt how to design the v4.x skin!

Comment

Working...
        X