confused.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused.com

Hi there, had a lil problem couple of days ago and came on hoping for some help. I got bit low on fuel the other day ( local garage regularly runs out) so thought i wiould leave truck till garage had some. When i went to start it it took ages to fire and then i only moved about 10- 15ft. But it also ejected my cd from the player and now refuses to play cds??? and whereas it was always a really good atrter it now takes ages and sounds like its missing. And when it starts there is white smoke for 2-3 mins, also when it is in park it always sat at about 900 rpm, pretty much the same as when it was in gear, but now when in park it creeps upto 1100 approx, dont understand why any of this is happened. Is it just from getting low on fuel? and would that effect electrics??? thx in advance Rickus

hhmmmm.

Mine spewed white smoke when I got it flooded (with water, not fuel)... for about a week after, it belched white smoke or steam for a few mins at start up. Yours could be unburnt fuel though, if its hard to start.

If you got really low on fuel, you might have an airlock in the fuel primer - prime it by hand (do a seach on here if you need to know about it) until its HARD!

mate had a similar issue, and the problem was the fuel filter at the fuel tank end beign corroded and full of crap - it happened after running very low on fuel. he corrected by replacing with a new one.

Also, check the fuel filter and swap it out - they are cheap as chips from www.roughtrax4x4.co.uk or milners

mine took ages to start at one stage. I swapped the glow plugs for GOOD ones and it was brilliant for a while. When it got ropey again I changed the batteries as one turned out to be dead, and it was perfect until I blew the head about 2 years later.

as for the CD player, the truck shouldnt 'control' it! I guess its up the creek! Check that its getting 12v on the input and the inline fuse hasn't blown (or internal one)

there, if that is any help......
    if not.....
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

thx for the input, stereo sorted now..reset was behind removable facia . Someone else said poss fuel filter and i didnt do it when i serviced the truck last mth so i ave got a brand new f-filter to hand will try to change it out 2morrow, hopefully that will do the trick. Seems strange that it only does it in the morning when the engine is stone cold? makes me think that it may well be plug issues i left it for 3 hrs tonight and it started fine so not too sure where to go from there. thx for your help tho matey.

Comment

Sorry, been dealing with fannys.

If it's only an issue when cold, it's probably a glow plug thing.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
        X