Dash Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Bulbs

Decided to have a look at the heater lighting yesterday, checked out the forum (as usual) and set to. After removing most of the dash to get the heater unit out I did the cleaning of all the switches and the internal reflective parts and found that the two green bulbs ( or clear bulbs with little covers on) had blown.
    So it was Saturday evening and I was wondering if I could get the bulbs from my local car parts supermarket on Sunday , or put the whole lot back together, order the bulbs and do it all again.
    At this point my neighbour arrives with the usual wry smile (the one he always has whenever I'm tinkering with the surf) and I explain what's going on. He's a very nice bloke with an engineering background and at weekends he goes to model engineering and railway fairs selling a range of tools and related materials (brass bar, copper sheet and stuff), he scuttles off and returns with two boxes full of bulbs and LED's. So 50p later have two green 12v bulbs that fit into the holders on the PCB.
    As for the cleaning it has made a big difference to the brightness and the amount of crud that came off the LED's and the insides of the switches was
    amazing.
    It's gone dark now so I'm of to sit in the surf on the drive and bathe in the glow.
    All the best

popeyes work good too - lossa pretty colours
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
      popeyes work good too - lossa pretty colours
      That looks really smart.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

But where's the wireless? Pretty as it may be Terry Wogan ain't gonna come out of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
          But where's the wireless? Pretty as it may be Terry Wogan ain't gonna come out of that.
          IIRC it is in the centre console. There's a pic somewhere...

Comment

terry wogan lives in here

never use the thing anyway
            Attached Files

Comment

Gary, what happened to all the gubbins that sits under the centre console? Is it just the blower for the rear heater, or is there other stuff in there? And can you just rip it all out?

Comment

just a heater blower - i binned it - simple enough , 4 bolts if i remember right.

you lose the mounts for the rear of the console, they are on the blower. i fixed mine at the bottom with 2 - 10mm head speed screws.

Comment

Excellent. Then I have a cunning if slightly chavvy plan involving a Bazooka subwoofer...

Comment

Working...
                  X