help me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me please

problem with brake lights and gear selection.
    When you push the brake pedal down when the vechile is in park it should let you be able to select a drive. I have replaced the brake pedel switch which is not faulty. I pushed the red button on the transmission box the select drive as it would not release as normal with foot on brake but my brake lights dont work. Is there another relay, fuse etc i have missed or is it a wiring problem. It only happens intermittantly which is a pain.
    I have a 92 auto 2.4 ssrx. LN130
    Hope someone can help.
    Last edited by james long; 2 August 2004, 23:19.

It could possibly be the solenoid that releases the gear shift once the brake pedal has bee pressed. I'm sure others will correct me, but I would have thought just below the gear shift console will be the solenoid (well it clicks on mine when I press the brake!).
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Thankyou. Please could you enlighten me further. is this a big job to do and where is this located. is it in the gear lever housing. all help needed.

Comment

Thats the noise im missing danno. it alonely happens now and again but very annoying.

Comment

I'm not sure the exact location of the solenoid, I would have thought you can gain access to it if you remove the centre console. Only a few screws. Shouldn't be to difficult and you should'nt need to remove the gear selector but if you are ok with electrics then you should be able to test for a 12v feed at the solenoid when you press the brake pedal. If not there is a cabling fault. Auto electrician would be the route I'd take. If you have a feed then check for a good clean earth. If again yes, then I would say you have a dodgy solenoid. You may be able to remove it, give a good clean with copious amounts of WD40 and try it again.
          Last edited by Danno; 2 August 2004, 23:45.
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Working...
          X