4wd not working on button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd not working on button

My 4wd is not working on the button (high range), it's working if you switch to low range.

There is no click so I'm guessing it's either a fuse, a broken wire or the relay, rather than a vacuum issue.

Where is the correct fuse?
    Where is the relay?, I seem to remember hearing a click from the centre console area?

It was working up until a few weeks ago
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

There is the little 4WD ECU just behind the lower center console.

I got in my Aus manual Fuse 5 behind driver side kick pane -l ADD, gauges and central locking, reverse lights and rear window demister.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
      There is the little 4WD ECU just behind the lower center console. - thanks I though that was where the click used to come from
      I got in my Aus manual Fuse 5 behind driver side kick pane -l ADD, gauges and central locking, reverse lights and rear window demister.
      I don't think it's the fuse as reverse lights are working, I've checked all the fuses in the kick panel all seem to be ok.

Comment

It is now working

The wires from the button on the high/low shift had broken.

When I did the body lift I had to grind a section at the front of the shifter as I couldn't get high range, the wire had got caught and when changing from high to low must have rubbed on the sharp edge/ got caught between the shifter and the edge.

Soldered the wire, rerouted it and smoothed off the sharp edges!

Nice and easy!

Comment

Smoooth!
          Glad you're sorted... are you all up and running after avalanche?
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I fixed the truck the next day (apart from the 4wd high) I'd ordered all the parts before I'd left Avalanche on Monday, they were at my house by about 9:30 next day (you've got to love Roughtrax!)

The main offender was the steering Idler, which was a bit bent!

Comment

glad its all sorted! you can now go out and break it again!
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                glad its all sorted! you can now go out and break it again!
                Hopefully won't break it too soon - might go to 4x4withoutaclub in September

Comment

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but "puddlesurfer" where abouts are these wires. I'm having the same problem on my 89 Surf. 4 Low will work with stick shift but i try 4 high and nothing. No light on dash or click. I have mine routed to a toggle switch instead of shift stick but it used to work no problem and i'm trying to find these darn wires. I've noticed the 2 vaccum lines sliced off on the top of the tranny/transfer case area. not sure if these would do it but if you could help me puddlesurfer i'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X