permanent internal live on 3rd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permanent internal live on 3rd gen

Hi,I want to put a permanently live accessory socket in rear of centre consol, Anyone know the ideal place to connect into. Not got a wiring diagram so easier to ask than guess and get a fire :-S lol

I've done the same last month.

I ran a wire (a subwoofer power wire with an inline fuse - I have a spare kit left which I didn't need if you want...) from the battery +ve through into footwell, down under the running boards, into the rear cubby hole (the one on the driver's side) and then Scotchlocked off two feeds for two sockets I got on the bay. Earth 'em off and done.

Edit: I wanted one in the rear of the centre console too but didn't look a good place - there's the ashtray, drink holders and rear heater outlets in there already.
    Last edited by J i m s t e r; 12 August 2011, 14:40.
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Yea i could go that route, but would prefer to connect to somewhere behind the dash. Think I'll try get at the fuse box and find a spare live out. Thanks anyway

Comment

Always best to run a new feed off the battery as suggested so not to overload the wire you splice into at the fuse box . Circuit has already been pre loaded to take a factory set loading so adding a possible extra loading could be the fire you dont want .

Just my opinion .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
        X