rear window problem 1/2 fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window problem 1/2 fixed

hi all, got a refurbished tailgate motor from skipton all greased up and runners all greased etc all cogs greased window works fine with button next to drivers seat up and down, smooth operation no problems
    but will not work or sometimes works with the key in the back door of the surf
    any suggestions as to what the problem might be, does not work with key more than does work

regards dave

Proably either cabling within the tailgate corroded or dodgy contacts on the key switch.

Pull it all out and have a good hunt about with a multimeter.

Cheers,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Its usually a break in the loom where it loops out the body of the truck into the door. But check the switch in the door first.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Can also be the control board behind the left hand side trim, the relay can turn it's toes up

Comment

if the window works fine on the rocker switch at the behind the gear shift lever, window works fine up and down using that, does it not follow that if it was the relay then it would'nt or am i missing something basic,

Comment

Originally posted by BertR View Post
            Can also be the control board behind the left hand side trim, the relay can turn it's toes up

hi bert, see comment below, about it working fine with the rocker switch near the gear stick, now i am a bit confused, Dave

Comment

From memory there is a seperate relay for the key switch

Comment

Working...
              X