Electric problems post motor swap, 2 door loom in a 4 door body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric problems post motor swap, 2 door loom in a 4 door body

Hello all and a great thanks in advance if anyone can help out yet another newbie sorry.
    Long story short I have a 1991 Surf was a 3vz-e auto nows a 2L-T manual
    Upon swapping the engine we decided to swap the front loom as well to assuming it would make things easier down the track, well I was wrong its a mess! (remember its a 1990 2 door loom in a 1991 4 door now)

I have been ripping everything out and re-wired everything and when I say everything even my fuel gaudge had to be re-wired to work.

There's only a few things im having trouble with now and its the rear wiper and interior lights not working, plus the rear heater but thats not to important.
    The rear windows works so theres power down there but no wiper action, like wise door lights reminder works as well as the key light so I know the door switches are working, and the rear heater has no power to the plug (the donor surf didnt have this heater so its a long shot that it will ever work again)

Never thought is would be such a mess to do but if anyone else is thinking of swapping to a 2L-T I can say its great, some how it has more power than the v6 and uses way less fuel, somthing tells me my v6 must have been shot to be slower than my new diesel

Again thanks in advance if anyone can help as I love my surf and dont want to pay some auto electrician to touch my truck lol
    Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Hello welcome - I'm afraid I can't help,experts will be along shortly
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Cheers for reading and trying anyway, its driving me nuts not having a rear wiper you dont realise how usefull it really is till youre reversing down the driveway at night in the middle of winter dammit
      Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Working...
      X