Yet another spot light thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another spot light thread...

I apologise in advance for this as I know it get's covered a lot, but I'm really stuck! I got some IPF spots for my truck , which came with a snap together wiring harness kit. So I followed the instructions for them to come on with the main beams - 3 hours and lots of swearing later... no light.

The question is, being an electrical illiterate, what do I do now!? I've triple checked my set-up and it's as per the instructions so I have either made a stupid mistake (probable), or something isn't working... so how do I work out what my problem is? The only clue I've got to go on is that there is an audible click from the engine bay when I operate the spotlight switch, only when the main beams are on.

Originally posted by leighh View Post
    I apologise in advance for this as I know it get's covered a lot, but I'm really stuck! I got some IPF spots for my truck , which came with a snap together wiring harness kit. So I followed the instructions for them to come on with the main beams - 3 hours and lots of swearing later... no light.

The question is, being an electrical illiterate, what do I do now!? I've triple checked my set-up and it's as per the instructions so I have either made a stupid mistake (probable), or something isn't working... so how do I work out what my problem is? The only clue I've got to go on is that there is an audible click from the engine bay when I operate the spotlight switch, only when the main beams are on.
    are you sure it's the relay supplied that's clicking or the vehicle's own relay that you can hear?
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah it was the new relay clicking. Solved it! Turns out that paint stops things grounding... Sanded back the paint where I was grounding it and now I have... one spotlight working . Still, that seems easier to solve - I'll try changing the bulb tomorrow, at least I have one light now.

Comment

Working...
      X