rear window wont go down with key operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window wont go down with key operation

hi all, have a 2.4 ln130 surf, rear window, minor irratance, rear window when operated by the key will not go down, but when operated by the internal rocker switch by drivers seat works perfectly going both up and down, however when down the window will raise perfectly with the key in the rear door, any suggestions and how to get at it, regards Dave

Originally posted by unclefewst View Post
    hi all, have a 2.4 ln130 surf, rear window, minor irratance, rear window when operated by the key will not go down, but when operated by the internal rocker switch by drivers seat works perfectly going both up and down, however when down the window will raise perfectly with the key in the rear door, any suggestions and how to get at it, regards Dave
    Normally the rear window issues are to do with the relay, however this sounds to me more like a problem with the actual switch. I would suggest either dirty / worn contacts or a loose / damaged wire. It would depend on your tailgate (ie rear wheel mount) to the exact layout. If you search for rear window removal there is a good post with picutres or the inners of the tailgate. I am not sure if the switches are sealed, you could try spraying a little electrical contact cleaner in the lock before undoing anything.

Comment

same as mine

i've traced it to a split wire between tailgate and body

Comment

Working...
      X