Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome Light

Hi Guys. Love the site.
    Anyone know how the wiring to the dome light is routed? (2nd Gen) Looks like I have a broken cable for the "door" position and want to trace it without stripping too much trim.
    Cheers
    John.

I seem to remember it runs up the front drivers door pillar along the side of the roof and over to the center (dome light), to uncover the lot ya need to drop the headliner, but if you remove the front pillar trim you'll see the cables,
    sure it's not a $hitty switch or contact? check the earth (door) with a seperate feed and a test light,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Cheers mate. might have a go at the weekend.

Comment

I'll second checking the switch... I have had a couple of Toyotas where the switch has gone bad.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Behind the kick panel next to the accelerator pedal, is a red wire with a white stripe. Check you have power/continuity there when the door is open.

Comment

thanks, will have a look for it. red door lights are working and key lights ok so Im guessing its somewhere on the feed to the switch 'cos theres no voltage there when the doors are open.

Comment

Originally posted by Massa John View Post
              thanks, will have a look for it. red door lights are working and key lights ok so Im guessing its somewhere on the feed to the switch 'cos theres no voltage there when the doors are open.
              on mine (K reg 2.4) the dome light has or had(i've removed it to fit a large leds thing) three leads, one (black/white) was a perminate live, the other two are earth via the door switch and perminant earth, live went to one end of the festoon bulb and the switch was between the two earths or off,(3 position)

talking of dome lights mines doing my head in, while wiring this new led light which i added a pair of map/reading lights for the rear seats i seem to have a ghost feed on one of the earths (door earth) in the end i just used the live and a earth screwed to the roof metal for the map lights and cut off and taped the dodgy earth, i'll run seperate feeds/earths for the new light and some footwell lights, friggin electrics are a nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                ............ friggin electrics are a nightmare

You should see the wiring needed to get a Lexus V8 running properly!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  You should see the wiring needed to get a Lexus V8 running properly!
                  I can imagine, sensor's everywhere, bit beyond me i'm afraid, what was wrong with plugs, points and a condenser? service done

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    I can imagine, sensor's everywhere, bit beyond me i'm afraid, what was wrong with plugs, points and a condenser? service done
                    Those were the days.

Now it's: Plugs (X8) leads, distributor caps (X2) rotor arms (X2) Oxy sensors (X2) EFI coolant sensor, Throttle position sensor, Timing belt + idler bearings, water pump, Fan belt, Coil (X2) ATF, engine oil, filters......
                    That lot adds up to around £450!! more if you buy the stuff in rip-off Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Those were the days.

That lot adds up to around £450!! more if you buy the stuff in rip-off Britain.
                      Should see the price of stuff over here.... every transaction leaves one feeling violated

Had another look at the light and it was the fr1ggin switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Massa John View Post
                        Should see the price of stuff over here.... every transaction leaves one feeling violated

Had another look at the light and it was the fr1ggin switch.
                        Aye, my son went to Dublin for a long weekend with his girl, (it was when that "take that?" lad was getting burried, cant think of his name, anyway the prices shocked him, i guess you can thank the introduction of the Euro for much of the price hike, it'll be the same here if they decide to adopt it, you may not remember but when we went "decimal" here prices seemed to double over night, goverments cant do anything without there being a rip off involved

Comment

Working...
                        X