mystery switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery switch

When I got my KZN185, I noticed there was a dash blank missing to the left of the steering wheel by my knee, beside the slotted blank that I assume is where the backup beeper is. The other day I got looking closer, and there appears to be the harness for a switch behind the dash, but I can't figure out what it would be for, any ideas?
    '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Could be additional spot lights were fitted at some point but in all honesty you will probably need to follow the wiring back to see where it leads to.
    Just noticed you have the SSR-G so it will most likely be the ejector seat or tyre spikes for when the boy racers get too close to back of your truck .
    Neal

Comment

Perhaps OE harness for rear fogs on euro models?

Comment

I do have OEM accessory foglights but the switch is on the right of the steering wheel near the high idle.

I have a closer look and now I'm thinking it may be the interior temp sensor. Can someone post pics of the dash blanks to the left of the steering wheel in a 3rd gen, I may just be missing the sensor cover or something like that. It doesn't have pins like a switch would need, so otherwise I'm stumped.
        Last edited by IanB2; 28 March 2011, 01:00.

Comment

Bump for some pics of the lower dash to the left of the steering wheel in a KZN185?

Comment

Last edited by diddypony; 30 March 2011, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by diddypony View Post
              Probably the voice activation loop for the swarque drive, Toyota remove the voice recognition unit from this area on euro export models so that you cant accidentally activate the swarquator phazers when using english languge words such as "###### caravans", "get out the way you old git" etc...
              Wat?

Comment

Anyone know what this thing is?

Comment

how long is a piece of string? it could be for anything, trace it back to the fuse board and see where it gose you might get a clue from there. or maybee get a switch and plug it in and see if it does anything
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Determined today that my "thing" I found in the dash is infact the interior temp sensor, and it was supposed to snap into the grilled section of dash BESIDE the open dash blank, and then I'm just missing a dash blank. Figured I'd update incase anyone was looking for the same info some day.

Comment

It's not the reverse beaper, that is on thr back of the speedo clock.

Having just rebuilt my dash after fitting a remore start alarm I would say most likely the climate control sensor, it sits behinda littel grille and should have a tube leading to teh climate gubbins to "suck" air over the sensor.

There was nothing else on mine there although there area couple of blanking plates.

I was going to aska similar question actually. I have teh same thing, a mystery harnes that I can't trace in the centre console near the handbrake.

It's not teh ECT switch or the "power under mirror" lead.. any other ideas?

Did we have headlight leveling on JDM cars?
                      Shock stiffness? (not an option I have anyway)
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                        It's not the reverse beaper, that is on thr back of the speedo clock.

Having just rebuilt my dash after fitting a remore start alarm I would say most likely the climate control sensor, it sits behinda littel grille and should have a tube leading to teh climate gubbins to "suck" air over the sensor.

There was nothing else on mine there although there area couple of blanking plates.

I was going to aska similar question actually. I have teh same thing, a mystery harnes that I can't trace in the centre console near the handbrake.

It's not teh ECT switch or the "power under mirror" lead.. any other ideas?

Did we have headlight leveling on JDM cars?
                        Shock stiffness? (not an option I have anyway)
                        Likely for the electric adjustable shocks if it were equipped with them, that's where my switch for that is.

Comment

Working...
                        X