electrical wiring issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical wiring issue

Hey there people I'm new to the Hilux surf world and have just started reading this forum and it s a wealth of info well done.
    I have just bought myself a hilux surf 95 and am having a few issues some fixed some not.
    The one fixed was my rear window motor but i seem to be having a issue with the rear lights as the 20 amp fuse by my right foot seems to be blowing all the time and its leaving me with no lights on my dash and no rear lights.
    my indicators are working as are my brake lights.
    I have changed the fuse from a 20 amp to a 25 amp and it is still blowing the fuse.
    The bulbs in the rear lights work when i put a new fuse in but after a few min the swine goes again.
    any help would be appreciated in the matter cheers Ronan.

Welcome to the forum!

Take out the rear clusters and make sure there are no bare wires that may short out against the chassis and no water in them which might short in the bulb holder.

It might not be that but it's a good start!

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Hello Ronan; nice of you to introduce yourself before rattling in with a question.

First thing is, don't put a 25 amp fuse in a 20 amp hole. It's 20 amps for a reason. Second thing. Does it have a tow bar? If it does, disconnect the wiring and see what happens.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Goes after a few minutes..stange if the cars still does it still blow?

Good point alban badly installed towbar electrics or rotted towbar plug....

Comment

A point of clarity, THIS isn't me...
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            A point of clarity, THIS isn't me...
            I really wish it was!
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

thanks

Hey thank you for the replies.
              i have checked all the cables and found the fault I hope well my lights worked for a night b4 i had to go away.
              some lights on the bull bar had been removed and were touching the bull bar at the front so i clipped them back and taped them and it seem s to have done the job.
              So thanks a lot people so far so good.

Comment

Working...
              X