2.4 battery space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 battery space

I have read that early 2.4 only have 1 battery and then they stated using 2, although I have a good powerful battery on mine I would like to add a second battery, NOT for DVD,MP3 ect but due to the amount of power these take to start and how it sometimes drains near to the point of not starting and dont want to get caught out with kids in it waiting for breakdown truck due to a dead battery. Can any one please let me know where is the best place to add the second and how do I join them up, thanks in advance
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

If your kids are only small and have short legs you could just wedge it behind the drivers seat and connect via the wiring in the console between the seats ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Why not buy one of those boosters you charge at home then leave in the boot?

Comment

Never put an ordinary battery inside a vehicle. That's crazy. Why not the passenger side where later models have them. Just install a battery tray. Air filter mods may be necessary, althoug I am unsure ATM.

Nev

Comment

good idea

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Never put an ordinary battery inside a vehicle. That's crazy. Why not the passenger side where later models have them. Just install a battery tray. Air filter mods may be necessary, althoug I am unsure ATM.

Nev
          Yes sounds best way forward thank, I have a space there behind light, if I am right I wire 2 positives together and negative to chassis "paralleled"
          NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

hmm

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
            Why not buy one of those boosters you charge at home then leave in the boot?
            too fiddly to do it each time required then have to think about recharging ect
            many thanks for idea
            NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Battery mod

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
              Yes sounds best way forward thank, I have a space there behind light, if I am right I wire 2 positives together and negative to chassis "paralleled"
              Make sure the cable you use is the same guage as the original,I.E. main battery cables,use household two core and your engine will warm up quicker than you ever thought possible
              Last edited by HONEST AL; 12 March 2011, 14:52.

Comment

Working...
              X