Are these Main ECU'S compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these Main ECU'S compatible

89661-3D260 from the inter cooled model and the 89661-3D240 from the non intercooled one?

I need a 3D240 and can get a 3D260? is it worth taking or will it not work?

Cheers

MacPiggy

This is only a guess, but I'd say it'll run, but may noy be 100% right.

It may run rich or smokey, as the ECU will be set up for more intake O2 volumes thanks to the intercooler, so fuel delivery should be metered differently.

Personally I'd wait for the right one.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers Tony.

Toyota want a fortune for one, but hey Ho, better bite the bullet I suppose. Process of elimination and all that!

Thanks again

Comment

Being a bit tight and not being as rich as Astronauts, I'd be checking gearbox sensors, wiring, solenoids etc well before spending stupid money on a brand new ECU. Borrow one, get one off a scrapper etc etc. You're gonna feel big pain buying a new ECU from Toyota and then finding it's a broken wire.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i also have the 89661-3D260
          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Apache

Cheers again man, No idea where to start looking for sensors etc, can you point me to where you would think>?

I am just going through process of elimination now, as I am convinced its electrical, as the box operates perfectly when i disconnect the battery and reconnect it, even on off on off stop start etc.

Any help really appriciated b4 i go and choke on 700 notes for a new one!!

Comment

There is a set of diagrams somewhere for the ECU and what sensors feed it. Try a post in general - someone may have a link.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
              X