Front to rear door wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front to rear door wiring help

Hey guys, I'm outside on the phone so a search would be mega slow. We've had yet another problem with our new truck, bless her. Our rear p/s window gave up last week and I've had the switch, doorcard apart and tested all wiring and connections. The problem seems to be somewhere between the front and rear door wiring. (we've run a seperate wire to bridge and test which was successful).
    My question is does the drivers seat have to come out to check/remedy the wiring loom between the two doors? It seems to come out of the plastic trunking, go under the seat then come back out

Many thanks in advance, Cassi.

Ok scratch the above, we took the seat out anyway. Now I need to know about the looms connection points through the truck to the door itself.

There is a lot of bodging and loops of wiring that someone else has put under the dash, I can see where ther loom goes through the truck but cant tell if there is a way of disconnecting it before it comes back out in the outer door shut. Sorry if this isn't making much sense but I'd like to run a new wire from the truck/door to the connection block under the seat as this seems to be the problem.

D/S window switch to where it passes through the door is fine so would like to leave that part of the loom alone.

I have pulled some of the dash apart but am wary of trying to remove the whole thing do to the mess behind it, anything else need to be removed ?

Comment

Working...
    X