Fitting new alternater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting new alternater

Hi all i am about to fit a new alternater to my 3.0 nd gen surf . some advice on what they are like to fit. it never started a few weeks ago so i bought 2new batterys and it started fine for a week then it drained them cheers

alternator remove replace

hi easyish job
    i got a new one from roughtrax and 2 belts as well
    them followed this link http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/alternator.htm

Comment

Much easier than that on a 3.0 2nd gen. Remove driver side battery (for better access) disconnect the other battery.
      Slacken the 2 bolts (not as bad as they appear to be once you find them)holding the alternator then wind the adjuster in so you can get the belts off. Take the 2 bolts off and disconnect the plug and remove the 10mm nut and with some wrangling will come out

Comment

Originally posted by zippy316 View Post
        hi easyish job
        i got a new one from roughtrax and 2 belts as well
        them followed this link http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/alternator.htm
        Hi thanks for your help job done working fine now

Comment

Originally posted by rbaz View Post
          Much easier than that on a 3.0 2nd gen. Remove driver side battery (for better access) disconnect the other battery.
          Slacken the 2 bolts (not as bad as they appear to be once you find them)holding the alternator then wind the adjuster in so you can get the belts off. Take the 2 bolts off and disconnect the plug and remove the 10mm nut and with some wrangling will come out
          Thanks for your help job done working fine now

Comment

Okay, whats the trick to removing the grey wiring plug - mine seems stuck! There is a flexible "lug" on the top side which moves, but doesn't want to release anything.
            Any tips?
            Sorted it.
            used some special grease I found in my elbow...
            Last edited by Wolfracer; 2 August 2011, 10:29.
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
            X