Headlamp Housing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp Housing Question

This might sound obvious, but I'm trying to get the part # for a LHD set of e-code headlamps for my '96 Hilux Surf KZN185. When I look it up on ToyoDIY.com as a European model '96 Hilux, it gives me part #'s 81130-35110 and 81170-35110. When I contacted cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk about them, they say they are listed for a KZN130 ('91-'95), but suggest they might fit.

As I don't actually HAVE my Surf in my possession yet, I can't just go out and look at it to compare, so I need a bit of help here. Are the 2nd gen headlamps different from the 3rd gens (as I suspect they are), and what years did they sell Hilux Surf's in the UK, what years did they sell 4runners instead (or how did that work exactly, I understand you got 90 series Land Cruisers as well?), and are the headlamps between 3rd gen Hilux Surf's and 4runners different in a given year, in the European market?

Thanks in advance!
    '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

not sure on the toyota part numbers but this might help
    Roughtrax UK

You should be able to compare them against the KZN130 on the website

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      not sure on the toyota part numbers but this might help
      Roughtrax UK

You should be able to compare them against the KZN130 on the website
      Thanks, I'd come across those previously, but they don't show the OEM part #'s to be certain.

Comment

Part numbers for left hand drive 3rd gens....
        http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_199...PSKA_8101.html

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Part numbers for left hand drive 3rd gens....
          http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_199...PSKA_8101.html
          Top shelf! So an RZN185L denotes a gas powered, european market, LHD, 3rd gen 4runner?

Comment

Originally posted by IanB2 View Post
            Top shelf! So an RZN185L denotes a gas powered, european market, LHD, 3rd gen 4runner?

I just punched in Toyota 4Runner, 1998, north America.

If I remember, they drive on the wrong side too.

Surfs and 4Runners are the same vehicle, just built in different countries.

Comment

I just punched in Toyota 4Runner, 1998, north America.

If I remember, they drive on the wrong side too.

Surfs and 4Runners are the same vehicle, just built in different countries.
              So then these part #'s would be US spec, not the e-code ones that I'm looking for, correct? Apparently, the Euro-spec e-code units have far superior light output to the US spec ones.

Comment

Originally posted by IanB2 View Post
                So then these part #'s would be US spec, not the e-code ones that I'm looking for, correct? Apparently, the Euro-spec e-code units have far superior light output to the US spec ones.

I have never heard that before.
                The poor light output is due to small gauge wiring. Heavier gauge wiring increases the light output. You can buy ready made headlamp wiring upgrades from 4Crawler.

I'll have a search and see if I can find a European part number for you anyway.

Comment

I have never heard that before.
                  The poor light output is due to small gauge wiring. Heavier gauge wiring increases the light output. You can buy ready made headlamp wiring upgrades from 4Crawler.

I'll have a search and see if I can find a European part number for you anyway.
                  The relay wiring upgrade is already on my list of things to do, but I need to get it through inspection and registered/insured 1st. I really appreciate the help, thanks!

Comment

OK, just so i understand, you want to know where purchase a pair of LHD headlights, as used in Europe, for your 3rd gen Surf?

If that is correct then these lights will suit your needs....
                    http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=727

Comment

OK, just so i understand, you want to know where purchase a pair of LHD headlights, as used in Europe, for your 3rd gen Surf?

If that is correct then these lights will suit your needs....
                      http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=727
                      That is exactly correct, and what I'm looking for ultimately is the OEM part # for those exact headlights, lol.

Comment

OK, I done some cross-checking between north America and European LHD headlight assemblies, and the part numbers are slightly differnt.

These are the European numbers....
                        http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_199...KMSX_8101.html

Comment

OK, I done some cross-checking between north America and European LHD headlight assemblies, and the part numbers are slightly differnt.

You are good people! Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

I got a response back from roughtrax, and although they don't ship to Canada, he was able to confirm the part #'s as 81110-35231 (R/H) and 81150-35211 (L/H), just like this last link you posted. Thanks again for helping me clear this up!

Comment

I figured I'd update this for future users, I got the headlights from cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk and they did the trick nicely. Truck passed safety today, and I'm good to go!

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X