Headlamp Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp Bulbs

Thought I'd ask the nice man in Halfords to change my headlamp bulbs this evening (bogof on the clever high output ones).

I've never tried this before, and didn't know what I was letting them (me) in for.

By the time I had collected my daughter's new bike from the store three men in orange jackets had gathered to look puzzled at the surf - each holding a screwdriver/spanner etc.

After 40 minutes of headscratching and a variety of bolts and screws removed and replaced I suggested they give up (my fingertips were turning black from the cold).

Anyway - I've now found a few posts re. bulbs and seem to have understood:

1. loosten the batteries and move back a bit
    2. move washer bottle/overflow tank out of the way - taking care to disconnect/reconnect overflow hose & not to pinch any hoses etc.
    3. change bulbs
    4. move bottles back into place taking care to reconnect everything & not pinch etc..
    5. Make cup of tea & begin to realise that changing bulbs on my old volvo wasn't a bu**er of a job at all.

Any other tips?

Bulbs going in are high output, but still 55w - do I need to upgrade wiring loom?

Cheers,

P.

Originally posted by pauldean13 View Post

Bulbs going in are high output, but still 55w - do I need to upgrade wiring loom?

Cheers,

P.

No, but if you had upgraded the wiring loom, you wouldn't have needed the new lamps.

Comment

Cheers - sounds like another springtime project.

Comment

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...adlights.shtml

Comment

Working...
        X