Off Side Headlight has gone dim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Side Headlight has gone dim.

Hi, I have a problem with my offside headlight & wondered if anybody can shed some light (pun not intended) on what the problem might be.

It has gone really dim - about as bright as the adjacent sidelight - Changing onto high beam it stays the same - Nearside light is normal & high beam works - I have stripped out the battery & washer bottle, checked the bulb & the rear terminal block to it & these seem to be OK. I have also checked the fuse under the bonnet & this is OK.

I am wondering if the problem is relay or light stalk related.

Can anybody assist me with this as night driving is a no no at the moment & I really need to get this sorted quickly.

Thanks a lot

Steve......

Bad or broken connection somewhere. It's next to impossible to diagnose an electrical problem any further without seeing it.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

[
      Last edited by Steve Prior; 10 December 2010, 16:06. Reason: duplicated

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Bad or broken connection somewhere. It's next to impossible to diagnose an electrical problem any further without seeing it.
        Thanks for your quick response Albannach.

I've been back out to check the truck again , battery & wash bottle out etc. checked wiring all seemed OK, then just as a quick double check I took H4 bulb out of wifes car & it works OK in the Surf....

The bulb is obviously faulty although it looks OK - both of the filaments just glow red hot when switched on & not white hot - ###### annoying as only 2 months old (bought on Ebay) - I have now got a pair of replacement bulbs on order from elsewhere & will use the N/S one for a spare when these arrive, so should be sorted out in a day or two.

Thanks again for your input.

Steve Prior

Comment

Working...
        X