Dash Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Bulbs

The bulbs in my dash and center console (Dials, heater control, gear stick etc) are really dim making it hard to see anyting properly when dark, I am going to change every bulb, I estimate there must be around 30 of them. To save me stripping everything down does any one know what size bulbs and how many.

PS. lets not get side tracked on the led upgrade options I am only interested in the standard bulbs as the light spreed better.

Mmmmm 30 odd quids worth of bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      I know 30 quid on bulbs, I'm so looking forward to it are they all the same size?
      Last edited by mr.rosco; 23 November 2010, 23:05.

Comment

From memory they are.

Do a search as there was a bloke here who cleaned all the bulbs and the insides of the switches and said they really come up well.

Comment

found these on flea bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT £12.82 for 30 delivered, and they are slightly larger and more powerfull, as one post I read said the maplin bulbs are a bit to small.

Comment

Nice find - I've bought 10 myself just incase. I did buy the last lot from Maplins but they were a lot cheaper then.

Comment

The lamps are not all the same.

The ones in the eBay listing will do a few of the switches. They won't do any of the dash lights or the console ones etc.. And there are LEDs in some of the switches as well as the wheat ones.
              Last edited by Albannach; 24 November 2010, 01:36.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The bulbs will definitely do the heater - there's 2 in the back to light the red/blue stripe. Make you right about the leds in the heater switches though.

I was pretty sure they were the same bulbs in the instrument panel but it was 2 years ago when I replaced mine.

If the op does a search for that thread he can see how it all comes apart to clean.

Comment

Click on the link in the thread below.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ing+dash+bulbs
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                  X