yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can somebody help me with an amp/sub wiring problem please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can somebody help me with an amp/sub wiring problem please?

I bought a 750w sub y/day, with a built in amp. although i've never installed one before it's relatively easy.
    But i have a problem. I wired everything exactly as i should but had nothing coming from the amp, no power. I went back to the shop this morning, and he came out and helped diagnose the problem. He said i was getting nothing from my blue 'amp remote' wire, and he shorted (at the amp end) the 12v power, to the amp remote just to show me it was working perfectly.
    I have just come home, taken stereo out and wired a new blue wire direct from stereo 'amp rem' to the same on the amp, and still nothing. i tried pushing the wire right into the block terminal on the stereo in case there was a crack in the wire but nothing.
    So, ive just removed the blue wiring, and connected a tiny piece, bridging the amp rem to the 12v (on the amp), trouble is, cos its a permanent feed, the little light on the amp is on all the time.

My question is, is this ok to do or is it a massive no-no? I dont suppose it would run the batteries down any cos its only a small led? The amp is only on when the stereo is on with music coming through.

I would really appreciate a hand if anyone can help?

Many thanks

Rich
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
    I bought a 750w sub y/day, with a built in amp. although i've never installed one before it's relatively easy.
    But i have a problem. I wired everything exactly as i should but had nothing coming from the amp, no power. I went back to the shop this morning, and he came out and helped diagnose the problem. He said i was getting nothing from my blue 'amp remote' wire, and he shorted (at the amp end) the 12v power, to the amp remote just to show me it was working perfectly.
    I have just come home, taken stereo out and wired a new blue wire direct from stereo 'amp rem' to the same on the amp, and still nothing. i tried pushing the wire right into the block terminal on the stereo in case there was a crack in the wire but nothing.
    So, ive just removed the blue wiring, and connected a tiny piece, bridging the amp rem to the 12v (on the amp), trouble is, cos its a permanent feed, the little light on the amp is on all the time.

My question is, is this ok to do or is it a massive no-no? I dont suppose it would run the batteries down any cos its only a small led? The amp is only on when the stereo is on with music coming through.

I would really appreciate a hand if anyone can help?

Many thanks

Rich
    personally i wouldn't recommend leaving the amp permanently on as it will flatten the battery and could cause internal problems in the amp best way is just take a feed from the auxillary side of the ignition switch and take that to where the remote wire goes on the amp it just means that whenever you turn the ignition to the first position it will turn on the amp
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

As said, dont leave permantly wired in

I had this a few years back, so traced the 'switch live' wire to the stereo (only live when ignition is on) and ran it from that to the amp - then the amp is on when ever ignition is on..

Comment

or an easy way is to put a switch on the remote cable but as long as the amp can swithch on and off all will be fine
        so long and thanks for all the mud

Comment

I would recommend using the 12v ignition live from the rear of the stereo.

Normally 12v Ignition is RED and the 12v Permanent feed is Yellow.

Some ISO looms may need the red/yellow swapping if the stereo fails to hold memory.

The 12v blue remote wire is not working it would normally be a fault on the stereo. If you wire it up to the main 12v from the battery the amp will be live all the time not just when the stereo is on. It will drain battery if left for a while.

Easiest was is connect the blue wire to the amp and connect it to the red wire on the ISO.

Matt

Comment

If you're using an ISO connector, you have to join the 2 blue wires together, there's a write up somewhere. Either that or use the aerial one.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hey lads thanks very much for your replies.
              I've wired the amp remote wire from the amp straight to the red 12v ignition wire at back of stereo, and works perfectly!

Many thanks, I owe y'all a beer

Rich
              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X