Rear wiper/rear window issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper/rear window issue

Every morning rear window goes up and not down, (i've left window down overnight to test this)

If I then drive somewhere in the car more often than not the window works fine!

I have also noticed that when the rear wiper is on intermittent it stays permanently on and doesnt' pause at top of the glass. If I switch car off then back on some minutes later the wiper usually works as it should, stops in the correct rest position and also the rear then works fine.

Does this mean the most likely cause of this a rear wiper fault stopping the glass from working properly? Also, if so, where do I start? Is it a relay or a bad connection. Great truck but this is becoming hugely inconvenient when trying to load the dogs each morning!!!

Thanks in advance

I can't help too much with the window problem, but in case it's relavent: I recently discovered with my 2nd gen that when you put the rear wiper on 'intermittent', it does three full wipes in a row, then pauses and operates intermittently from then on.

I always assumed the intermittent timer/relay wasn't working and it was permanently on, since I never left it on for more than the first three wipes.

May or may not help you, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Cheers,

Andy
    Andy

Comment

I'm assuming by the lack of responses that I'm the only one to have had this problem?

Comment

Quite a few have had this in the past, I've been searching through the old threads 'cos I can't get my window to go down. The motor turns and hums but I think the mechanism is stuck with not being used for almost a year whilst it's been laid up for the summer/last winter.
        Have tried to remove motor but can't seem to find the right screws.
        If you say yours is not going up, how are you getting it down, does it go up after a run or what?

Comment

Window problem could be something to do with wiper not parking itself back in position properly - I don't know but would check it's parking back in place right, no obstructions or dirt there.

Also my back window movement improved after I cleaned and greased the mechanical parts - the teeth and the groove that casters travel through... was a little bit dirty and rusty so moving much freer now.

Comment

Working...
          X