Alternator issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator issue?

Just bought my first Surf, originally planned as being a project vehicle but it almost passed MOT with no work!!

However, current problem is at tickover battery not charging fully and all dashboard lights are on and its beeping away. Having looked through some of the threads this could point out at alternator?

It reaches the correct charging level if you rev it to about 3k. The lights also all go off if you drive it. Am I best just putting in a recon alternator?

Currently I'm replacing the timing belt so its only a couple of bolts off to replace alternator.

Any thoughts/suggestions much appreciated

Thanks

Just get one from one of the breakers on here - check the parts for sale section.

Comment

You need to fill in your profile or add your vehicle details to your post as we don't know what truck you are on about.I have just changed an alternator on a truck i sold 2 weeks ago as it was doing the same.Get the alternator tested to make sure it is that and not something else
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi

Sorry, truck it Hilux Surf 2.4td, 1993 model with the twin battery set up (heater in the back etc)

I have ordered a recon alternator hoping this will fix as its definately not putting out enough charge in its current state.

Just wasn't sure if all the dash lights being on was a clue?

Thanks for the replies so far

Comment

Working...
        X