Electric windows and central locking both kaput

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric windows and central locking both kaput

Hi, on my 1991 2.4 there is no noise whatsoever when trying to use the windows, leccy mirrors or anything on the control strip from the driver's door, it is probably coincidence that the central locking is not working either, any suggestions please, it doesn't appear to be a fuse?

Could be a break in the wiring near the hinges.
    To check, press and hold one of the window buttons as you open the door.

Comment

Is there a fuse that controls all those things together?
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
        Is there a fuse that controls all those things together?

Yes, I am trying to locate the 30 amp pink fuse in the driver's footwell, it ought to stand out pretty well but I'm damned if I can see it, if anyone can advise

Comment

What 30Amp fuse is this?

Nev

Comment

That may be why he can't find it?!
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by Flarris View Post
              Yes, I am trying to locate the 30 amp pink fuse in the driver's footwell, it ought to stand out pretty well but I'm damned if I can see it, if anyone can advise

So you're ignoring me then?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                So you're ignoring me then?
                Nope, not ignoring you! There are several previous threads that refer to a block fuse, 30 amp that is situated above the rest in the driver footwell- that is why there is no mention of it on the main board? This fuse apparently controls electric windows, central locking and the rear window interior switch; my rear window works off the key but not the switch. all this confirms its definitely the fuse at fault and not suspect wires...check the old posts under "electric window fuse" or similar and hopefully someone can make some sense of this, though the local main dealer has ordered the replacement fuse-so I must be pretty accurate on this, just got to find where the hell it goes...

Comment

Mines been knackerd for weeks now. If you can crawl in to the drivers footwell and remove the fusebox cover you should see a set of relays. just above these you should see a 30 amp fuse. If you can work out how to remove it, please tell me cos Im bu**erd if I can shift it.

Cheers Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle View Post
                    Mines been knackerd for weeks now. If you can crawl in to the drivers footwell and remove the fusebox cover you should see a set of relays. just above these you should see a 30 amp fuse. If you can work out how to remove it, please tell me cos Im bu**erd if I can shift it.

Cheers Spoggle
                    Ah thanks for the confirmation spoggle, at least other members now know I'm not imagining things (!!?), if I can shift it I will let you know, thanks.

Comment

Needle nose pliers, gripping at 12 & 6 o'clock of the pink central section - it pulls straight out!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian F View Post
                        Needle nose pliers, gripping at 12 & 6 o'clock of the pink central section - it pulls straight out!

4 years too late Ian

Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
                        X