Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Not Working, O/D Light Flashing, KPH to MPH Converter Fitted

Hi Everyone

Really sorry if this has been posted here before but I did do a search but can't find the answer I am looking for.

Basically I bought a 3rd Gen Surf (KZN185) about 2 years ago, absolutely love it but it has one minor problem, which up until recently was intermittent, but has now become more like a 90% of the time problem.

The Speedo doesn't work and the overdrive light flashes. It has been fitted with a KPH to MPH convertor (was fitted when purchased) and I have heard that these little babies can be the cause of the speedo issue.

Firstly, can anyone tell me if this is likely to be the issue or if not this what it could be?

Secondly, assuming it is the convertor, how easy is it to get a new one, where can I get one from and how easy are they to fit?

Thirdly, as I am useless at electrical issues, does anyone know a reliable electrical guy in the Norwich area who could do it for me at a reasonable price?

If anyone out there can give me some advice i'd really appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Same thing happened to my surf earlier this month.

Had the speed sensor checked at local garage - this was ok.

The speed converter chip had failed - purchased replacement on ebay from cartek direct - cost £55.00 & was supplied with instructions on how to wire up - local garage fitted it for £50.00

i use k b autos in hunstanton who are really clued up on surfs.

If it is the speed sensor k b autos can get you a new one for a good price (they quoted me £49.00 odd + vat)

good luck

steve

Comment

Hi

Many thanks for the reply & advice, it certainly helps. Hunstanton however is quite a drive for me, does anyone know of anyone reliable within 10 miles of Norwich who could do this work for me?

Thanks

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

It's worth checking the converter, however I have a faulty speedo on a 2nd gen and taking out the converter didn't solve the problem. So I guess if your lucky it's the converter if not it might be time to change the dials for new ones.

Comment

Working...
          X