3rd Gen Dash Console Pics please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Dash Console Pics please!!

How many single Din stereo holes do 3rd gens usually have? mine has 3?

so i have my stereo at the top, and 2 x bodged single din universal pockets, which are different, stuffed in below it, and to be honest, it looks cack and i want to change it!

just wondered what sort of set ups other people have got in their Surfs?

Met a guy with a third gen yesterday and he had a dvd screen at the top where the heater controls were, then the single din stereo below that, then the heater controls below that. and it looked very well done indeed!

so lets see what you got!!

(i'll post pics of mine tonight..)

I only have this pic to hand....totally standard 2001 model.

Comment

Curly

on mine, it came off the boat with the usual double DIN jap stereo with band expander fitted. Under this there is a drawer which I use to store sunglasses in etc.

When I changed the stereo for a UK single DIN one I got a nice cubby box thingy from Halfords for the gap.

So working down I have:

1. Stereo single DIN
      2. open cubby hole for CD's mobile phone etc.
      3. drawer compartment with sunglasses old car park tickets

must find a way to post piccies

hope this helps

hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
        Curly

on mine, it came off the boat with the usual double DIN jap stereo with band expander fitted. Under this there is a drawer which I use to store sunglasses in etc.

When I changed the stereo for a UK single DIN one I got a nice cubby box thingy from Halfords for the gap.

So working down I have:

1. Stereo single DIN
        2. open cubby hole for CD's mobile phone etc.
        3. drawer compartment with sunglasses old car park tickets

must find a way to post piccies

hope this helps

hawaii
        Thanks guys, i dont have that drawer thing at the bottom of my pile. but now i want one! anyone got one for sale??

Keep em comin!

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Here's mine, nothing too fancy as yet.
          Attached Files
          Neal

Comment

Some nice console pics guys, keep em coming!

I was thinking about putting the heater controls below the stereo, and getting a screen for the space above. Like the guy I met last week. Has anyone else done the same?

Curly
            Last edited by Curly; 25 July 2010, 22:35.

Comment

heres a few pics of mine. the two din pockets at the bottom are pants. they are loose, and different so i want to do something to get rid of them, or replace one of them with the drawer thing.
              Attached Files

Comment

It's not a drawer, it's just a flap covering a pocket like you have in yours only factory fitted.
                I don't have a cupholder in the dash though, (thats in the rear of the centre consol) just a credit card size drawer next to the ECT and rear demister buttons.

Comment

Well then I want a flap for my hole.. YOUNG MAAAN!!

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Hi. Here's some pics of the installation of my Chinese double din. I originally replied in the newbie forum and the post got moved to general chit chat instead of here. Here's the post I made:

'Hi all, my first post. I was just looking at a thread about 3rd gen console layouts. I have a 96 N SSR-G. It had a ratty old stereo fitted when I got it and the electric aerial had been snapped off so I decided some updating and renovation was required.

The console layout was from top to bottom, heater controls, stereo, open cubby and finally a cubby with a lid on. I decided to take a chance and get one of those double din touchscreen all singing, all dancing stereos from China via eBay. It was supposedly the correct size and fitted the mounting brackets okay after grinding off a couple of the locating studs which are used to line up the cubbys.

I mounted it all up without the cubbys to check out its operation. When the stereo is powered on, the front tilts forward from the bottom about half an inch, and can then be moved to your desired angle. On power off, it closes up again but I found that the screen would not close up properly. It butted up against the edge of the plastic surround of the console. Not very good.

The options were to trim back the edge of the surround or somehow mount the unit lower down. I decided I didn't want to damage the surround by trimming it so would have to lower the unit. This turned out to be quite easy as it happened. All I did was to elongate the bracket mounting holes so they would sit lower on the mounting screws, thus dropping the brackets. This also meant that a cubby would still fit in the brackets below the unit. However, this meant I would not be able to use the cubby with the lid as it would sit below the lip of the console surround and thus would not be able to be opened.

I fitted the other cubby and re-fitted the whole thing with pretty good results. It all works pretty well along with a new universal fitting electric aerial, another eBay find for £20 inclusive.'
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by AngloSaxon; 29 July 2010, 21:46.
                    Crack on drive!

Comment

Good install, looks the same tv unit as mine, but newer upgrade with sat nav,
                      have ya fitted a reversing camera to it?
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Yes, I have fitted one. Another eBay special, less than £10 including postage. Since the facility was there, I thought it would be crazy not too at that price. I only look at it to check the area is clear (kids, pets etc.) before reversing really. Being a class 1 HGV driver I'm pretty good at using my mirrors anyway. I'll post a couple pics later, I'm out in my truck just now.
                        Crack on drive!

Comment

My camers was a ebay "cheapo" too, works ok though, i get a real good pic of the 33" tyre!! really needs repositioning, also got a power didital aeriel and freeview box for the telly, only prob is as soon as the vehicle moves the pic breaks up and some area's are better than others, overall tho it aint a bad set for the money (paid about £90 as i remember)
                          Attached Files
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Here's pics of camera and screen view.
                            Attached Files
                            Crack on drive!

Comment

So you see nothing for eight feet, you might just be lucky and get one of those little jam eaters while they're scratching their initials into your rear tailgate with a nail. H

Comment

Working...
                              X