temp gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp gauge

i'm retro fitting an aftermarket temperature gauge now the question is simple can i use the existing temp sender as we know the original gauge isn't accurate i doubt the sender would be responsible but the new gauge does come with a new sender so i was just curious as i don't want to change it unnecessarily (or i'm bored and just asking questions for something to do)
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

It will work with the new gauge, but personally I would fit the matching sender.

Comment

yep thought as much but i'm not sure about the new sender having the same size threads as the toyota one so it might have to be the old one until i find something suitable
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
        yep thought as much but i'm not sure about the new sender having the same size threads as the toyota one so it might have to be the old one until i find something suitable

Should be the same, nearly all temp and oil senders are 1/8" npt thread.
        Toyota and Lexus are anyway.

Comment

Aftermarket senders will be 1/8" NPT. Factory is M16 X 1.5. You need a M16 to 1/8" NPT adapter. Gauges and senders are matched so if you use the factory sender with the new gauge it may work, may be inacurate or may bugger the gauge.

Nev
          Last edited by NiftyNev; 11 July 2010, 23:43.

Comment

Working...
          X