Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows sticking

hi
    my front passenger window works intermitently. it will go down fine then wont go up and visa versa. the driver and both rear wondows work fine when this happens.

ive tried to get the door card off to have a look at the wiring but cant seem to get the lock release puller off 'ie' handle to open the door from the inside.

does each door have its own relay..... could be sticking.

any ideas greatly apreciated

thanks
    sketty

It's usually a break in the wire/s inside the flexy rubber conduit near the hinges that cause intermittant operation of the driver's door controls..

Comment

thanks but it doesnt work from the passenger switch either.
      would it be on the passenger door wires or the driver door were the problem is

forgot to mention when it does happen the window will still go down bit by bit if i press and release it down. but wont go up at all
      Last edited by sketty; 24 June 2010, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by sketty View Post
        thanks but it doesnt work from the passenger switch either.
        would it be on the passenger door wires or the driver door were the problem is

forgot to mention when it does happen the window will still go down bit by bit if i press and release it down. but wont go up at all

The main switch wires all go to the driver's door, all other doors are just 'slave' switches, so if there's a break in the wire that goes to the window lock button then it'll affect the other windows.

Easier job first though, remove the driver's window switch and give the contacts a clean and check for corrosion.

Comment

Working...
        X