reverse light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverse light

right i haved owned my k reg toyota surf for a year now and in that time i have never had any reverse lights ....
    To day i was reverseing in to work and my door locks opend and closed by themselves then i heard a beep and my reverse lights come on so i took it out off gear then put it back in reverse and the reverse beep come on again and i had lights {brill)... went to work come back out done it again but nothing any ideas lol also the front interea lights cpme on when the door is open but the back dont but the back work on the switch and the boot light dont work atall thanks any help would br great

I'm thinking there's a sensor wire come off under the gear selector, but the guys here know way more than me, have you tried rocking the gear slector back and forth (with your foot on the break) ?

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

yep done that still no lights lol

Comment

right got it to work but it only does it if i slam it in to reverse and again 1 in 3 times it does it could it be a fault on the reverse senser

Comment

have you got a towbar fitted ?? If so check that there is nowater in the electrical connectors on the tow bar.
          Last edited by charvell; 24 February 2010, 23:41.
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

no towbar on it as yet ....

Comment

The reverse lights are not connected to single electrics either, they are connected through the grey socket.

Comment

I'm off this weekend, maybe I could nip over with my multi meter, might figure it out seen you parked on westshore?

peace
                cal
                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X