Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toad Ai606 immobiliser won't de-activate

Hi guys,

I'm hoping somebody can help. I was wiring in a new rear foglight switch on my blue Surf as the illumination was gone on the old one and it won't pass the MOT like that. This involved lots of connecting and disconnecting of the batteries while I was doing the wiring.

On getting everything back together, the truck won't start. I can't disarm the immobiliser using the key fobs. The alarm arms and disarms and the remote central locking works but I can't get the immobiliser to go off. The little tell tale light just flashes green instead of showing a steady green light.

There is no valet or reset button in the truck. The fobs have a large and a small black button and a large and small green button.

I've tried disconnecting the batteries for 10 minutes then reconnecting positive first but its not working.

Anybody have any ideas other than calling an auto electrician. I am NOT spending any more money on this truck. I'm selling it to Rich (rbaz) at the beginning of next month and I'm losing a substantial wedge in the process so I ain't shelling out any more on it.
    Last edited by Surfer Ross; 23 January 2010, 18:07.
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

What about disconecting the batteries and leaving them overnight just to make sure all power has gone from it, I'm guessing here but would have thought the alarm would have some sort of memory in it if disconected for short periods, short of that either someone on here more knowledgable than me will be along or email Toad, someone will know somewhere.
    Neal

Comment

I'll try getting in touch with Toad. I have left it disconnected overnight so I have no idea what's wrong with it. I've had just about enough of it today, I'm totally fed up faffing around with it. I might just leave it there to rust, thankfully I have another truck to use.

Comment

there should be a valet switch of some sort in the truck somewhere as its needed to set the alarm up in the first place as its needed to input a pin code, did you have the alarm fitted??

Comment

Not all alarms have valet switches. The code for most toad alarms is done via the ignition key and the status LED.

I didn't have it fitted and the idiot I bought it from "lost it".

Comment

Might be worth trying the old imobiliser reset trick:

Disconnet battery, if you have two then first one any wich way, but then.

Remove earth, remove live.

Put key in ignition, turn to normal drive position and leave for 5mins

Leaving the key in normal posistion. Connect live, then earth it will spark a little.

try to start on key.

Works on a lot of car systems.

peace
            cal
            Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

my mistake, just looked at the installation instructions for it and saw that its done with the ignition, you say its flashing green which means its arming according to the manual

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
                Might be worth trying the old imobiliser reset trick:

Disconnet battery, if you have two then first one any wich way, but then.

Remove earth, remove live.

Put key in ignition, turn to normal drive position and leave for 5mins

Leaving the key in normal posistion. Connect live, then earth it will spark a little.

try to start on key.

Works on a lot of car systems.

peace
                cal
                Thanks Cal, I'll give that a go.

Originally posted by guysturg1 View Post
                my mistake, just looked at the installation instructions for it and saw that its done with the ignition, you say its flashing green which means its arming according to the manual
                It seems to be working completely as normal with the exception of the immobiliser function. It turns over, just won't start. I'm pretty sure that it immobilises via the fuel pump.

Comment

I have a 606 on the cabby..Its a while since i've seen the fitting instructions but like you say you can isolate/alter functions by switching the ignition. If it has had a PIN programmed you will need to know this before you can enter any of the software switching functions

have a hunt around for a list of the functions. Ive just been in the garage and i cant find the one i had
                  Last edited by an1mal_69; 23 January 2010, 19:28.

Comment

Thanks for having a look for me mate, much appreciated. I've downloaded a set of installation instructions but it says nothing about how to reset the system.

Comment

yea, jus found the PDF too..

Do you know what the immobiliser circuit is wired to on the truck.? You could just by-pass it then

Comment

I have no idea. I know that when its working normally, if you don't start the truck soon enough after disarming the alarm, when you press the disarm button on the fob again the immobiliser de-activates and the trucks battery light comes on and the glow plugs activate. I think it must wired to the electrics for the fuel pump or direct to the ECU, its definitely not wired to the starter motor.

Comment

If you cant get to the bottom of it..check which wires are the immobilising pairs on your installation instructions, will be 4 in all (2 immobiliser circuits).

Mark with tape, white for one pair, red for the other (or colour of your choice..lol) then cut them (close-ish to the alarm unit to allow for ease of re-connection if needs be).

Leave the 4 wires from the alarm & join your remaining 4 wires red-red, white-white..this should re-establish the immobilised circuits

Comment

Guys, thanks for all of the assistance. The AM2 30A fusible link had popped, it looks as if its fine when you look from the top, you can't see any break in the filament. I took it out and bridged the pins with a piece of wire and the truck fired into life first turn of the key, like it normally does. Down to Halfords tomorrow for a new fusible link then.

Thanks again,

Ross

Comment

As they say Ross always better to look for the obvious proper.Glad you got it sorted tho
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X