Bulbs - courtesy lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulbs - courtesy lights

My surf is a 1993 SSRX 3l diesel with the estate body.

In the main passenger area the copurtesy light is also a fancy big air filter - it has a wrap-around clear light cover under which are 4 (2 each side) small capless bulbs. The only marking to give away the bulb rating is 3A - but of course bulbs here are rated by Watts.....

Can anyone tell me what they are please??

Next - in the boot area, the small courtesy light above that, immediately inside the tail gate - that bulb is missing - so I've no idea what rating it is - the fitting looks like it must be a very small flourescent tube style of light - maybe just over one inch long?

Again, can anyone tell me what type/rating bulb that should be please??

I thank you!!!

The small capless bulbs might be able to be replaced with something from www.ultraleds.co.uk - need to get the tape measure out and work out what to get....

Comment

I need some for mine so thanks for the link think its the 32mm ones
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

I've ordered a few bulbs from them, will post back once I find out if they work....

Incidentally, how the heck do you get into the front courtesy lights, up by the rear view mirror??? They are a bit poor and dim, would like to get in and change the bulbs, but was stumped how to get in.....

Comment

Rear tail gate courtesy light :
          (239) 37mm 3 WA SMT Leds Festoon 6W output Cool White

Fits perfectly and gives a very good light level.

For the central courtesy light above the back seats I got 4 of these : (286) Dual Led Ultimate 5mm Wedge Xenon White but they were slightly oversize and when I did finally gently persuade one to fit in the holder, it burnt out and fell to bits the moment the power went on - tried to fit another in case it was a bad one, but none of them would fit, and because the twin leds are so vulnerable sticking out at an angle you can't apply any significant pressure to push it into the holder

I had also ordered 4 of these : U286B (286) Dash Board Slim wedge bulb Blue Standard and they do fit, but they really don't provide enough illumination....

I've emailed UltraLed's seeking their advice on what might be suitable, but at that small size there's naff all choice really...

Comment

Sod waiting for UltraLED's to reply to me - realised the reason I ordered thos double LED white ones was because they were the ONLY white ones they do in that size.

So, have ordered some 5mm capless bulbs from these guys : http://beedspeed.com/product_info.php?products_id=2649

Fingers crossed they'll do the job!!

Comment

Hi Big Yin just wanted to say thanks for posting about the bulbs. i had absolutely no luck over here with the small ones so would be interested to see if the ones you have ordered work..

Comment

sorry - meant to post back on this thread and totally forgot - oops!

I've got the bulbs from beedspeed and they look like they'll be a perfect fit - I just haven't actually got around to testing them as the kids love the blue light that the led's give!!

Comment

No probs thanks for posting back might try the blue ones myself as i kind of like the idea. As i have two little ones in the back most of the time and other half is constantly trying to find what they have dropped when on the move, the blue might be better as it doesnt give off as much glare while you are driving?

Comment

if they are awkward about sending then to you over there I'm hapy to order them since I now have an account with them, and post them over to you

Comment

Originally posted by BigYin View Post
                      I've ordered a few bulbs from them, will post back once I find out if they work....

Incidentally, how the heck do you get into the front courtesy lights, up by the rear view mirror??? They are a bit poor and dim, would like to get in and change the bulbs, but was stumped how to get in.....
                      been looking myself on here but not found much so i just went and changed mine yesterday pretty easy when ya know how.
                      here goes
                      1 prize out the little plastic peice in the centre arround the mirror stalk
                      2 prize off the rest its only clipped on, i did it from the front windscreen side with a small slotted screwdriver
                      3 replace lamps and clip housing back together
                      4 open and close doors to test and then watch in amazement when you blow the other lamp you havnt touched so ive gotta do it again

Comment

Originally posted by BigYin View Post
                        if they are awkward about sending then to you over there I'm hapy to order them since I now have an account with them, and post them over to you
                        Thanks BigYin much appreciated!

i shall email them over the weekend and see if they can post (shouldnt be a problem as i wouldnt have thought they use courier services for bulbs!..lol).

Also thanks to Wald for the 'how to' on the front interior lights .........might as well do them at the same time....

Rob

Comment

Working...
                        X