Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window non-problem

Hi all

anyone else noticed that their rear window operates a lot easier since the temperature dropped below 2 t-shirts?
    And some that smile have in their hearts, I fear, millions of mischiefs

cant say i have. mines still slow as a slow thing when its closing.

Comment

Mines got even slower - in fact it's stopped
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

The motor on mine died completely a while ago. All the teeth wore out so the motor spun but the window didn't move.

I found a pair of window motors from a 1992 MR2 on eBay for £4.99. One of them was a near perfect fit. One of the screws didn't line up properly so it only has two holding it in, but it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the "proper" part. I'm told the same motor is used on loads of Toyotas, but you get ripped off if you ask for a Hilux rear tailgate motor because breakers know they fail often.

While I was in there I greased the regulator mechanism, and the tailgate works perfectly. Shame the engine won't start, but that's another story.

Comment

Even brand new and fully greased they ain't great....

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
            Even brand new and fully greased they ain't great....
            If those crappy platic wheels tha roll in the metal channel at the base of the glass were replaced with bearings, the window would work much better and be less strain on the motor.

Comment

Or make the metal channels out of a strong plastic ? The rust binds the wheels..

Rob.

Comment

Silicone spray in the runners and channels helps.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Just put a re-con motor in tailgate. Now working after 3 months not being able to open tailgate. One bolt was missing but seems to be working ok. Alot easier now I dont have to climb in through the passenger door to get anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X